REOPENING MAY 5, 2020
Thank you for visiting Hilliard Family Dentistry. We hope that you and your family are in good health. We are pleased to announce that beginning May 5, 2020 we are reopening the office to our patients. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal daily routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control is a top priority in our office and you may have noticed this during your past visits. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Due to the temporary closing, and changes in regulations regarding patient care, our office is having to adjust our appointment book. We will be calling you to confirm and if necessary reschedule your appointment. We will temporarily abandon our text message reminders until our appointment book is straightened out. If you need an appointment or have a question about an upcoming appointment please call 614-876-8989.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to confirm your appointment and to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- If you arrive to your appointment early, please remain in your car until your actual appointment time.
- We request that ONLY patients arrive for their appointment. Exceptions are if the patient being seen is a minor, then one parent can accompany them or if the patient has special needs like an interpreter. Following this guideline will reduce traffic in the office and help maintain social distancing.
- When entering the office, please wear a mask and wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer if available.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines as they are difficult to clean and disinfect. Some waiting room chairs will have “No Parking” signs. Please do not sit in these chairs so that social distancing can be observed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we taking to keep you safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 614-876-8989.